The MBA Hub
Some of the highlights of the Portland State MBA program mentioned frequently by current and former students are the School's connection to the local business community and the leadership development curriculum.
An upcoming lecture series that combines both of these aspects is Executive Perspectives on Leadership, in which senior-level executives of local companies speak to students about their personal leadership styles and professional experience. MBA students are required to take this course, but all graduate business students are invited to attend.
This class gives students the opportunity to hear about the leaderships successes and challenges facing top executives and to reflect on their personal leadership agendas. Guest speakers also discuss their career paths and skills that have made them successful. Past lectures have featured executives from Tektronix, Climax Portables, and Precision Castparts.
When: April 12 and May 10, 1:00-5:00pm
Where: SBA 490
Who can attend: All graduate business students are invited to come listen to the speakers, no need to RSVP.
April 12th Speakers:
- Rich McBee, CEO, Mitel
- Scott Lewis, CEO, Brightworks and Kevin Waddell, CFO, Brightworks
- Prashant Dubey, President and CEO, The Sumati Group
- James McDermott, CEO, Lytics
May 10 Speakers:
- Floyd Chadee, Sr VP & CFO, The Standard and Katherine Durham, VP Marketing and Communications, The Standard
- Shelly Gunton, Chief Make it Happen Officer, Chez Marie and Marie Jensen-Osmunson, Founder, Chez Marie
- Linda Lucas, Design Operations Director, Nike
By Mallory Miller: Mallory has experience in marketing, management and sales. She plans to apply her experience, interests, and skills to a career in product marketing and business development. She will graduate from the Portland State full time MBA program in June 2013. You can connect with Mallory on LinkedIn.