The MBA Hub
Congratulations to the Portland State chapter of Net Impact! Our on-campus chapter recently received recognition as a "Gold Chapter."
Net Impact designates Gold and Silver chapters for affiliate organizations that exceed basic requirements, offering their local members a wide variety of unique opportunities to make an impact on campus, in the workplace, and in their local communities.
Net Impact is a leading nonprofit that empowers a new generation to use their careers to drive transformational change in the workplace and the world.
Net Impact engages 40,000 student and professional leaders from more than 300 volunteer-led chapters across the globe working for a sustainable future. Together, they make a net impact that transforms lives, organizations, and the world.
Examples of the Portland State Net Impact Chapter's efforts this year include:
- The Big Ideas for Breakfast event series
- Energy Efficiency Month lecture series
- Portland Green Drinks networking event
- Hosted talk about social enterprise with Kazi Huque, CEO of Grameen-Intel
- Volunteer opportunities
- Sustainable Business Roundtable with Kristi Langdon, founder, The Simple Wheel
Ongoing member benefits include:
- Tours of sustainable businesses
- Field trips to social enterprises
- Conversations with faculty teaching courses related to sustainability
- Talks about careers in sustainability from professionals already working in fields of interest
It has been a great year for Net Impact — and we're excited to find out what else they have planned for 2013-14!
By Kelly Doherty: Kelly is the Director of Marketing and Recruiting for the Portland State Graduate Business Programs. She leads the global marketing and branding initiatives and student recruitment strategy for five distinct graduate business programs including: MBA, Master of International Management, Master of Science in Financial Analysis, Master of Real Estate Development and the Healthcare MBA programs.You can connect with Kelly on LinkedIn.