The MBA Hub
Next week, Portland State kicks off its fall community celebration, Portland State of Mind.
Comprised of a vast array of events and activities taking place from October 18-27, the celebration begins with an art exhibition and ends with a special PSU Day of Service.
The celebration's tagline says it all: "One campus. One city. Ten days of serious fun."
Highlights this year include:
- Alumni Beer Launch with Rogue: free tasters and food while supplies last
- PSU Day at the Farmers Market
- Piano-rama exhibition
- Free Saturday and Sunday seminars, including a keynote talk, "Rivers of Life: Linking Clean Water with Healthy Economies and Healthy Communities"
- "From Debt to Degree" town hall discussion
- Stepping it Up Fitness Challenge (stair-running) at Jeld-Wen Field
- OK Go and the March Fourth Marching Band in Concert
- PSU Day of Service volunteering opportunities
The Simon Benson Awards dinner, held at the Oregon Convention Center, is one of the celebration's signature events. At the awards dinner, PSU will present Rick and Erika Miller with its Simon Benson Award for philanthropy, and present Bill Stoller with its Alumni Achievement Award.
Anderson Cooper will deliver the evening's keynote address. Mr. Cooper anchors Anderson Cooper 360°, a newscast airing on CNN. He played a pivotal role in CNN’s 2012 political coverage — anchoring election night, Presidential debates and conventions — and moderated the CNN Republican Presidential debate from Las Vegas. In addition to anchoring Anderson Cooper 360°, Cooper also reports for CBS’s 60 Minutes.
Throughout the celebration, students and the general public are invited to participate in a PSU Instagram contest; prizes include a VIP "Portlandia" Night Out Package including accommodations at downtown Portland's Hotel Deluxe.
Kelly Doherty is the Director of Marketing and Recruiting for the Portland State Graduate Business Programs. She leads the global marketing and branding initiatives and student recruitment strategy for five distinct graduate business programs including: MBA, Master of International Management, Master of Science in Financial Analysis, Master of Real Estate Development and the Healthcare MBA programs.You can connect with Kelly on LinkedIn.